Agrident Air300 VB Development

This question is answered
AirDemoVB.zip

Hi,

I have developed an application based on the attached example. Target Windows CE Device.

1) It works perfectly on the older PSION WAP3 with Air200 but does not work on the new WAP4 with Air300

2) There is an application in the new device called Air300Demo 3.1 that works and has a newer version of the CFAirClass2.dll

3) So I copied that newer version into my VB project but I am not understanding how to use it properly because it fails on the new WAP4

Can anyone help me with this please? Either some documentation on CFAirClass2.dll OR what to do to fix the attached project?

Regards, Bill

Verified Answer
  • AIR300_Note_of_Compatibility.pdf

Good morning Bill,

Here follows an excerpt of the attached PDF document, which comes with AIR300 SDK

[...]

If you have already software for the AIR200 that uses the CFAirClass2.dll from Agrident, you just have to replace the library with the latest version and add two more DLLs for switching the USB power. In addition some registry keys must be created for loading the appropriate USB driver. This can be done by using the new AIR300-Demo-Software or the corresponding functions in the updated DLL. If these few steps are done, your existing software should work with the AIR300 without any further changes.

[...]

I do hope this helps.
    Kind regards,

Jacques

All Replies
  • AIR300_Note_of_Compatibility.pdf

Good morning Bill,

Here follows an excerpt of the attached PDF document, which comes with AIR300 SDK

[...]

If you have already software for the AIR200 that uses the CFAirClass2.dll from Agrident, you just have to replace the library with the latest version and add two more DLLs for switching the USB power. In addition some registry keys must be created for loading the appropriate USB driver. This can be done by using the new AIR300-Demo-Software or the corresponding functions in the updated DLL. If these few steps are done, your existing software should work with the AIR300 without any further changes.

[...]

I do hope this helps.
    Kind regards,

Jacques

• Hi Jacques,

Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it!

I have my program working on the WAP4 but now I have another problem with my older WAP3

It is set to do total recall and I do not want that.
    In fact I just want to go back to factory defaults win CE 5

I can's seem to do a cold reset with .2345etc

Bill

• Never mind that last question. All is well for me now.

Bill